Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving



 I just love cooking with my family.
It's how we have a good time.



When we were kids my dad always cleaned the turkey and made the turkey dance. We got a kick out of it as kids. I hadn't had Thanksgiving with my dad for years.  I'm glad the turkey got to dance for the kids.








 I'm a food nerd and we always document meals.
Here was Thanksgiving 2011:


 My favorite stuffing(back).
french bread
sausage
onions
celery
chicken stock
fresh grapes


 asparagus and brussel sprouts

 Grandma Anderson's sweet potato casserole
and her corn casserole

 Grandma Anderson's parker house rolls

 mashed potatoes and fruit

 Ina Garten's warm squash salad with apple cider vinaigrette

 homemade cranberry sauce

pumpkin pie
blueberry pie
sour cream apple pie

This pumpkin pie was a first...I don't even really like pumpkin pie but this was the best I've had. Loved it.





 Julius' plate made me laugh.







0 comments: