Monday, November 21, 2011

Ta-da!

Naomi told me she wanted a 6-Layer Rich Chocolate Malted and Toasted Marshmallow Cake for her birthday.  So that's what we she got.


{The cake recipe calls for coffee which we didn't use...but we did use some pero which is a coffee substitute. I think usually when coffee is added to chocolate recipes it's to bring out the chocolate flavor not necessarily to taste the coffee flavor.  I think the pero did the trick...or maybe you could just leave it out all together.}


Naomi's own little cake.


Yum


{The kids and I got some weird illness and I wore gloves for a week so I didn't infect anyone else. But I had to make cake!}


Toasted Marshmallow Frosting
Rich Chocolate Cake
Malted Belgian Chocolate Frosting
Rich Chocolate Cake
Toasted Marshmallow Frosting
Rich Chocolate Cake
Malted Belgian Chocolate Frosting
Rich Chocolate Cake
Toasted Marshmallow Frosting
Rich Chocolate Cake

{you actually toast marshmallows and use malt}

Then go ahead and cover the whole thing in more Malted Belgian Chocolate Frosting.
{Amanda made it look really good.}


 We were just going to make a big cake but had enough extra batter to make Naomi one just for her.

0 comments: