Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Nauvoo, Illinois

 We stayed at Zions Mercantile Hotel.  Loved it.



 I love love love Nauvoo.  Thanks to my mama.  She loves Nauvoo and church history.  I have great memories of our family trip to Nauvoo when I was a kid. And the last time I was in Nauvoo was with my mom and sister Amanda for the Nauvoo temple open house. This was the view from our hotel.


Our first night in Nauvoo Kurt and Katie came over to our room to hang out for a bit.  Julius was so excited to show them our room and he turned into the perfect little host. Kurt came in and Julius told him he could sit on his bed. Then he said "You want a soda?" and went to the fridge and got Kurt one of his sodas.  Then I think he brought him a banana too. 


 I had to take lots of pictures of our hotel because I thought it was so fantastic.  
It was so comfortable and of the era...great when your staying in Nauvoo.
(And they have suites which is almost a must with our light sleeping children.)











 Outside our hotel.












 She was so fantastic on this trip...a good age for traveling.


 Julius was really great too and I think he had a lot of fun.









 Loved all the church history pictures and artwork.





 That's a window in our room.  Ken laughed at me because I liked the crack in the window. It just added to the charm.


 Julius threw up a few times...always fun on a vacation.
One of his sick nights.








 Another sick night.
At least he was smiling.






0 comments: