Sunday, March 7, 2010

The real Stars Hollow


This is my shout out to Gilmore Girls...because I'm a huge fan. Seriously, I love it. One of my favorite shows of all time. So funny...and so unrealistic because it's like a whole town of witty people. But I love it. I wish I was that witty...or at least knew someone that witty.

If you're a fan you know that Gilmore Girls takes place in Stars Hollow, Connecticut...unfortunately a fictional town.
I always tell Ken that if Stars Hollow really existed, I would move there. He says no way. But that's beside the point.
Then I heard that Stars Hollow was based on a real town in Connecticut...Washington Depot. Ken doesn't want to move there either. But we decided to visit it anyway.

Town Hall. Seriously.


Very Stars Hollow-ish


We thought this looked like Miss Patty's place.


aka Doose's


So these adorable white churches really are all over Connecticut.


aka Gypsy's


Strangely similar to Lorelai's house.


So Washington Depot didn't actually have a gazebo...but we drove through another town on our way there that was also a lot like Stars Hollow...and they did have one.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

What...so I'm not witty enough for you?

Kim & Clay said...

Oh, Kat. You don't understand how obsessed I am with Gilmore Girls. I borrowed all the episodes from a friend and just finished them (sniff) last month. I now own all the seasons myself. Lorelai is basically my best friend (did you see her on Ellen? She is so cool!) I wish I could live in Stars Hollow too ... with all those impossibly witty people. So - whenever you feel like watching Gilmore Girls again, I'm your girl. And I'm obviously jealous of yout trip to the real Stars Hollow.

Phew -- that was a mouthful!

Miggy said...

Kat!

Uh, hello! I've been to the REAL Stars Hollow too! And blogged about it...and even drove through the town with a gazebo. That is SO funny..of course I went in the dead of winter, so a little different. That's so awesome you love the show too....oh man...GT's...gt's.

hunghiguen said...

New Milford! I love you---I was born there and my Christmas tree is there every year.

Angela Winn

Anonymous said...

I love GG so so so much : D : ) : P