Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th Of July

Stadium of Fire fireworks were on Saturday July 2nd. We went to the end of the BYU soccer game then watched the fireworks from the field.




This is the first year we've ever tried to save a spot for the parade on the morning of the 4th.
And we were successful! It was kind of a lot of work...but pretty fun too.
Would I do it again?
I don't know. But I would pay someone to do it for me.
Ken's office is right on University Avenue and there is a huge tree out front which meant lots of shade. We got that spot and it was great.
We had Sunday dinner with the family on University Avenue...with EVERYONE else in Provo.
I had never been down there on the 3rd...but it's crazy.
Then we had Ken's brother David and his roommates spend the night there then we showed back up in the morning.
Fun!


Our campsite.
Ken's office is in the building in the background.


And yes, that's a fan.
It's plugged in to a street light outlet.
Didn't even know they had those.


And yes, those are leather office chairs from Ken's office.
We did this parade in style.

Our section is those two tents and what's in between.






Yes, that's a TV.
Davids roommates brought it and they played video games.






The Parade:















The flag cake and a BBQ to end the day.

2 comments:

tiffany garfield photography said...

so fun! looks like the fourth was a blast! I feel like I haven't seen you in FOREVER and I'm SO close!!! i'm ALMOST done scanning...almost there. I have about three more days worth. anyway, my phone is dead...completely-- so i'll call you from noahs some time soon. Brock is here this week so next week...or is your mom here? I can't remember when she was coming. anyway such cute pics of the kids. talk to you soon! such a random scatterbrained message. :) oh well, you know me. :)

Jami West said...

I love your family traditions. And I love that you were watching the parade in style with the leather seats and all.
Your family is so cute! Your babies are getting so big and just cute cute cute!