Saturday, October 16, 2010

Grandpa Doryl's Visit

When my dad came out for my uncle's funeral he got to spend about a week and a half with us. Besides getting to visit with lots of family while he was in town we just got to hang out at home.

Julius and Grandpa


Julius' soccer skills


Grandpa showed him {and me} what milkweeds were and how to blow them...he thought it was so cool.


Trying so hard!


The same thing another day...


Happy kid.


I asked Dad to make wiener schnitzel...the real kind...has nothing to do with the weird fast food place here. I remember requesting dad make this on my birthday a lot growing up. You don't want to make it too often with all that deep frying but it's a yummy treat.

{Wiener Schnitzel: Viennese Schnitzel, as in Vienna, Austria. Thinly pounded veal or pork (we used pork) breaded, fried and delicious}


Ken, Julius and Dad

0 comments: