Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Cake

I thought I'd post the recipe for Julius' birthday cake...because is was sooooo good. Like I said, I got it from my sister's mother-in-law. Thank you! It was a hit. I think I'll make another one just because I want more.

Carrot Cake
1 1/8 Cup oil
1 1/2 Cups sugar
3 eggs
2 1/2 Cups grated carrots (be generous)
1 can crushed pineapple (drained well)
2 1/2 Cups flour
1 Tsp baking soda
1/2 Tsp salt
1 Tsp cinnamon
1 Cup pecans (optional)
1 Tsp vanilla

Combine oil and sugar. Mix in eggs, carrots, pineapple. In a bowl combine flour, soda, salt, cinnamon. Add to wet mixture. Add vanilla and pecans. Bake at 350 degrees. Cool and frost with a cream cheese frosting. ( I just used a frosting recipe from Better Homes and Gardens...they are all about the same...cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar.)

*I don't know exactly how long to bake it. If you double the recipe you can put it in an 11x14 pan and it should take 45-50 minutes. I did a single recipe then baked it in two 9 inch round pans to make a layer cake. I can't remember how long it took to bake.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just made this cake for a family dinner and it was SOOOOOOOOOOO good! Everyone loved it. It took about 33 minutes bake time in my oven for two 8 in rounds.

Katie said...

Oh my, this looks delicious. I think I need to make is sometime. so, is it a small can, or large one of pineapple?

And I know I am way delayed, but congrats on the second pregnancy! Hope you guys are doing great.