Wednesday, June 11, 2014

True Story


That's my doctor. Yup. He's from a neighboring hilltop town and makes house calls...or castle calls apparently.
Italy was fantastic. I will say the first 6 days of the trip had there moments because of heat, exhaustion and sickness! But we saw REALLY amazing things and beautiful places.

Finally on the 6th night of our trip both kids slept all night. No one woke up! After a couple of nights of obvious jet lag they were still having trouble sleeping all night...probably still some jet lag plus extreme heat and then the mosquitos attacked the kids. For a couple of nights they each woke up covered. But we got some repellent to solve that problem. Being itchy made them a little more uncomfortable at night. Then Julius started complaining of a toothache in the middle of the night. The day before we left he had to go to the dentist to have a filling fixed. Luckily I had filled a prescription for him and brought it just in case. After a few nights of complaining of toothaches the medicine kicked in and he seems ok. Then the day we drove to San Gimignano, half way there we pulled over, I thought I was motion sick from the winding roads and extreme heat of course. But the next day I woke up sick. I couldn't do anything. (Pretty sure I got what Ken had on the flight over...Oh yeah, he was a little sick on the flight over.) But that's not why we called the doctor. On top of that, I had an infection right before we left that I thought had cleared up but nope. So we called this nice doctor to get me a prescription for that. 
And by the next day I felt fine...so only one day lost!

Yes. This all happened.

I know, I'm making you totally jealous of our trip right now.
I'm sure my dad has never traveled with a group like this!

Despite all of that, we still loved Italy and had lots of fun too!

0 comments: