Friday, June 20, 2014

Vienna Day 2

 Hundert Wasser Haus
I remember my dad sending me postcards of this apartment building as a kid.

















We walked through Stadt Park in the middle of Vienna.


Stadt Park


Stadt Park


Heading down to the subway


St. Stephan's Cathedral





So this would have been the perfect Father's Day lunch...if I'd remembered it was Father's Day.
Before we got to Europe I remembered I'd be with my dad (and Ken) for Father's Day but I completely forgot. I'll blame it on very little sleep. Big fail on my part though.
Anyway, after church and walking around Vienna a bit my dad took us to his favorite sausage stand.
It was so good!!

Our favorite sausage was the kasekrainer. We also had an Austrian soda, Almdudler, that dad had been telling us about. All delicious.
Happy Father's day anyway.
(Did I mention I didn't even remember I forgot Father's day until maybe 4 days later? Yeah, big fail.)


The streets of Vienna


Then dad took us to his favorite ice cream place. Also really good. And also would have been a good Father's Day dessert.


I absolutely loved Vienna. The streets and the building are beautiful.







 This is a fine foods store...which is fitting because our Julius actually has really good taste in food.








The Hofburg Palace


She was so excited to see the palace she couldn't stop posing.









 Naomi taking pictures











 The Hofburg Palace

 Belvedere Palace
Built for Prince Eugene Savoy




The view of Vienna from Belvedere Palace...beautiful.





Belvedere Palace


 Naomi running laps at Belvedere Palace






 Creative ways to get everyone there own space in the hotel...and it worked.



0 comments: